Our Puppy Health Guarantee
In a perfect world, NO customer will ever need to use this puppy health guarantee. We want you to know that our staff is here to help you and your puppy get the help you both deserve.
As soon as your fur-ever friend comes home, he or she is a part of the family. So if a pet health issue arises, you treat it with just as much care and concern as you would for any other member of the family. At Keystone Puppies, we’re dedicated to matching you with happy and healthy dogs — which is why our puppy health guarantee is so important to us. This covers what to do if you notice something amiss and what your rights are when you partner with Keystone Puppies. Ultimately, our dog health guarantee is in place to take care of our dogs and to let you feel completely comfortable when searching for your paw-fect match. Learn all about our puppy health guarantee right here.
The Breeder Health Guarantee for Every Puppyding
What We Guarantee You
Every Keystone Puppies Breeder is required to sign and deliver on the following breeder health guarantee:
- The breeder shall provide you with a puppy health record explaining what shots the puppy has had at the time of sale.
- To preserve your rights of the dog health guarantee, you must take your newly purchased dog to a licensed veterinarian for examination within 10 days of purchase. If a veterinarian determines, within 10 days of purchase, that your dog is clinically ill or has died from an injury sustained or illness likely to have been contracted on or before the date of sale and delivery, you have the following options:
- Return the dog for a complete refund.*
- Return the dog for a replacement dog of equal value.*
- Retain the dog and receive reimbursement for the veterinarian fees to make the puppy healthy, not exceeding the purchase price.*
What To Do If You Notice Something
These are the steps to take if your new puppy is experiencing health problems:
- If, within 30 days of purchase, a licensed veterinarian determines that your dog has a congenital or hereditary defect which adversely affects the animal’s health or that your dog died from a congenital or hereditary defect, you have the same options as outlined in the above section.
- Within two business days of a veterinarian’s certification of your dog’s illness, defect, or death, you must notify the seller of the name, address, and telephone number of the examining veterinarian. Failure to notify the seller within two business days will result in forfeiture of rights of the puppy health guarantee.
- Refunds or reimbursements shall be made no later than 14 days after the seller receives the veterinarian certification. Veterinarian certification shall be presented to the seller no later than five days after you receive it.
More About Our Dog Health Guarantee and Documentation
If a breeder offers a 1-year genetic health guarantee, it includes coverage of all genetic defects that may have been handed down from their lineage of the puppies specific breed. The genetic health guarantee does not cover any communicable diseases, internal and/or external parasites, or injuries.
Buyer assumes all responsibility for all vet bills. If a genetic disease is discovered in the puppy, a letter from your vet (on business letterhead), stating the nature of the disease and/or disorder will need to be provided to enact the breeder health guarantee. The letter will have to state that this is a genetic disorder. The veterinarian phone number must be included on the letter as the Breeder reserves the right to discuss the health condition with the veterinarian. If your puppy’s health is determined to have a genetic disorder, Breeder will reimburse the cost for treatment (up to the price of the puppy). Breeder assumes NO direct responsibility for any medical bills for the puppy.
This guarantee is for Genetic Diseases and Disorders only. The puppy health guarantee extends from the date of birth of this puppy and is valid until its first birthday.
If the seller does not provide all registration documentation within 120 days of receiving your puppy, you may exercise one of the following options of the puppy health guarantee:
- Return the dog and receive a full refund of the purchase price.
- Retain the dog and receive a 50% refund of the purchase price.
*These options do not apply where a seller, who has provided a health certificate issued by a veterinarian, discloses in writing at the time of sale the health problem for which the buyer later seeks reimbursement or to return the dog.